Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Indian Orchard Mills Open Studio Weekend, November 11 & 12, 2006

This weekend was the Open Studios exhibit at the Indian Orchard Mills. I just had my camera on Saturday, and did a lot more gabbing then picture taking, so I only have a few to share. Here's one of my studio below. The wall on the left was all recent works, then I had a wall of 8 x 10's. I also had a group of paintings hanging outside in the hallway, and the people on the right were standing by my discount table. It was a great opportunity for me to move some older works, and have some things that were affordable for buyers.



Below is my wall of small works.


Here's a picture of me with my wonderful aunt Johane. She's not only been a great supporter of my art, she's also a great inspiration for me! I think I've subconciously painted her many times!



This was Joe - we met at the show and he shared that he loved acting, singing, and art. He couldn't decide which one was his favorite. He was a bundle of creative energy and a pleasure to meet. Thanks for the performances, Joe!


It was a wonderful weekend and I had a pleasure meeting new people, and getting to know some more of the artists at the Mills. There's so many of us, and we all come at different times to work, so it's hard to get everyone together for a meet and greet. My thanks & love also go out to Martha, Helena and Jo, Ed, Matt, and Ceara for stopping by. And of course, a great big thank you to my husband for being by my side the whole time. Before I break into The Wind Beneath My Wings, I'm off to Etsy. Their new v2 setup is complete, and there are some fun new additions to the site that I am exploring. Check it out at www.etsy.com - my store there is www.livefunky.etsy.com

1 comment:

jafabrit said...

your wall of small works look beautiful.