Wednesday, February 06, 2008

365 Day 7


365 Day 7, originally uploaded by livefunky.

This drawing began on the back of a used envelope. I then scanned the drawing and altered it in Illustrator.

This rough sketch shows a scene from my dream last night. I was standing with my best friend Emily in the middle of one of the fields on my Grandfather's farm. It seemed like it was in another time because the land looked different. Where there is now a tobacco field, there was tall wild grasses and marshland. My friend and I were standing at the edge of a clearing made for camping. We had a fire going and were prepared to spend the night in a tent. But I looked up into the woods on the hill and saw a wild kingdom of animals. Lions and tigers, rhinos, giraffes, zebras - you name it - if it was an animal that wouldn't normally live in New England, it was there. My first reaction was fear - no way were we camping out there! I worried there were lurking predators in the brush surrounding us. But my second feeling was awe at this wild jungle of life before us. How did these animals get here? What happened on Earth to get us to this moment in time?

No comments: