Thursday, October 08, 2009

Original Art Pendants

Winter Tree







Translucent Floral



Mint Folk Flower


I think I've found a good way to photograph these new art pendants on my antique wildflower book. I love this book. I've had it since I was a teenager and used it as a reference for painting a floral banner around my best friend's bedroom on a spring break from high school. I also decoupaged color photocopies of the images on my kitchen cabinets when I moved into this house in 2001. This book has been a source of creative inspiration for almost twenty years! The images are black and white plates of wild flowers - some of which are hand tinted (see the background of the last image for a great example).

But back to my pendants... these are the pieces I've been working on the last few weeks. They are each double sided with original, one of a kind paintings/mixed media on the front and back of the 1" x 2" glass pendants. The backs are sealed with several layers of a glass like finish using 3D Crystal Lacquer. Aanraku silver bails are attached and a complimentary black satin ribbon is included with beaded ends. http://www.livefunky.etsy.com/.

Little Tree

No comments: