Thursday, December 03, 2009

Let me introduce you to Bernie


This is Bernie. My first grown up puppet and probably not the last. I bought Bernie from a wonderful Etsy seller http://www.beehumble.etsy.com/ (great name too, right?). He is the best and purchased entirely for our own amusement. Seriously, it's amazing what a blue mood buster Bernie is. It's just silly, bug eyed, fuzzy fun and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

In this shot, I think Bernie is thinking very philosophical thoughts. He's a deep thinker. My husband and I would like to make some Bernie videos so you may be seeing more of him down the road. If/when that happens then the whole world will have access to my unique brand of insanity.

As a funny aside, the creator of Bernie gave him that name and it's just too perfect, I had to keep it. When I was a little kid I called Bert and Ernie "Bernie" collectively - my parents say I'd point to the TV and excitedly announce "Bernie!" when they came on Sesame Street. I always thought it was just one of those quirky things kids do but now I can't help but wonder.... maybe I knew? haha Oh I'm just giddy with love for Bernie. Or Bernard. He doesn't care what you call him.

4 comments:

Kendra Zvonik said...

Bernie is awesome! Love him! Can't wait to see the videos.
I used to have a Bert doll when I was a child. It has always been difficult to decide who I like better- Bert or Ernie. This puppet is perfect!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Now we can love them both equally represented as one with Bernie. Of course that comes with a price - with two polar personalities coming together we just don't know what Bernie's disposition will be... we'll just have to wait and see... ;)

belinda marshall said...

this post cracks me up! thanku.
bring on more of your insanity :)

Unknown said...

Right on Belinda! I'm happy to read that... the door is now open, let the insanity spill into cyberspace. haha