Monday, January 15, 2007

Can You See Me Now That I'm Falling Apart?

I just listed this painting on Etsy. It's one of the 7 pieces I created last year for the London Raw Arts Festival in May 2005. I've taken it with me to shows in Boston, and I've shown it at my studio at the mills, and people always gravitate to it, but it's not something they want to own. It's the one I always get the most compliments from, though... I think it's because people can relate to it, but it's the sort of self realization you don't neccesarily want to see every day. "This is me falling apart". Meanwhile, I know some cool cats that love art/music/passion like this and they aren't afraid of it, or to be surrounded by it. I have a feeling someone with that sort of personality will eventually be the owner of this painting.

How am I feeling today? Well, there's a reason I listed this one - that should say something. Ha! No, but seriously, today I am thankful for best friends and loved ones, wise words and loving touches, doggy tails wagging and the kindness of strangers on a grey day like today when I feel kinda blue.

Ah, but this isn't any pity party! Oh no it is not! I'm taking in all that goodness and I'm transforming it into something positive and productive in myself. That's why I'm giving my thanks to YOU too. Yes, you. You reading this you, that's who.

Now, back to the easel I go...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jess! Your very sweet.I can relate. Don't feel bad, just remember what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. :) You are such a wonderful person Jess!!!!!! Just thought I outa tell ya..incase you needed to be reminded of that. :)

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

((((Jess))))(hugs)

I absolutely, completely and totally LOVE this painting! I soooo wish I had $300, I would definitely hang it in my house, actually it would probably go in my studio for inspiration!

I know how you're feeling, it's great that you can pull the positive out, it's a struggle for me to do that, but I've been getting better.

btw, Michelle Collins was looking for you on WWAO, something about using your image for the background on the evite for the show?

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Cynthia said...

I can see why people gravitate towards your painting...it's very powerful. Someone will identify with the work and it will speak to them enough to purchase it.

So have you hung onto this and are just now selling it? Releasing it? Just curious.

I'm thankful to have met so many wonderful people through blogging, including you.

Unknown said...

Angela, thank you for your sweetness ALWAYS! It's great to know I've got some wonderful friends out there!

Paula, thanks for the hug - here's one back atcha! (((hug))) :) I got in touch with Michelle about the image. Are you going to have a painting in the WWAO show in Florida?? I was trying to find a way to fly down there but it's not looking likely. A little sun, sea and art would've done wonders for the soul...

Cynthia, thank you! I've shown this painting at actual shows but never online. I am very thankful to have met you Cynthia! I look forward to our collective creations!

Philip said...

An incredibly powerful piece.