Saturday, May 02, 2009

I Keep You In My Heart


I Keep You In My Heart - Mixed media on 18" x 24" canvas, 2009


This painting was an absolute thrill to create from the very first splash of paint to the final details and the voice that said "STOP!" as chills ran up my spine. I actually shed a few tears writing this for the Etsy listing...


"I am head over heals for this painting! I poured my heart and soul into this piece - every element was finely considered and worked over until it was just right. The overall canvas has layers of acrylic texture medium and the mystical blues and purples illuminate the surface with a translucent layer of silvery mist. The rectangle is a piece of linen adhered to the surface with gel medium and painted over in silver metallic paint. The finest details of all are the three freshwater pearls suspended in the rectangle, handsewn onto the canvas. I believe this is the first time I've ever sewn something onto a painting and I absolutely love the effect.

This piece is all about love. I look at the pearls and think of my husband, my three step kids, my best friends, my parents and grandparents, and those that are no longer in my life but most certainly in my heart and spirit. I do believe that art is infused with the energy and spirit of the creator - their mood and emotions upon creation are imprinted within the fibers of the canvas and layers of paint. This painting was a meditation for me that led to feelings of bliss and pure love. I think that energy will reside and shine out of this piece for as long as it exists, and that makes me very, very happy."

3 comments:

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

You are in such a wonderful flow Jessica! I really love your latest works!

Patrice said...

Beautiful painting; wonderful post.

You make me love the blues all over again...

Andrea and Kim said...

Jessica, I have to say without a doubt the insertion of your soul absolutely show through in this pieces. It is absolutely stunning. You know I always have to 'feel' a piece for it to resonate and this absolutely vibrates with emotion, light, life and love!

Congratulations!