Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Maze paintings

Maze 1 - acrylic on 8" x 10" canvas, 2009



Maze 2 - acrylic on 8" x 10" canvas, 2009
Available for purchase at www.livefunky.etsy.com


This Sunday was yet another rainy day in Connecticut and I made the most of it hanging out in my studio watching some of my favorite movies and painting on the floor. I've always loved sitting on the floor, cross legged, zoning out/into a painting or drawing. It brings me back to my childhood and the kid in me felt giddy with my grown up circumstances (I'm still shocked that we actually got the studio). You can kind of see Will Ferrel brushing his teeth on the tv screen in Stranger Than Fiction - uh, I LOVE that movie. I can't get enough of it. You can see two of the new Maze paintings on the floor. I've got several more I have to add the finishing touches to. Rainy days aren't so bad when you make the most of them.

2 comments:

Heather Jerdee said...

Great way to spend the day :)

Heather Jerdee said...

I really like these too, I love the colors in Maze 2 and I'm gonna add the Uninvited to my list of movies. :)