Thursday, June 24, 2010

New painting




I took these pictures tonight after finishing this new, as of yet untitled, painting. I love it! It was one of those paintings that starts with an idea that demands that you to go paint it now and then follows through effortlessly, like all you have to do is hold the brush and the whims of the Muse will take care of the rest. No wrestling, no doubts, just one lovely surprise after the next. I wish every painting could happen like this. I understand that's not possible, but when it happens it just feels so good.

The sides of the canvas have staples so I've got it set in this ornate gold frame. I'll properly frame it and photograph it tomorrow to list on Etsy.

Things are alive and thriving this summer - I'm feeling it! I'm feeling free and happy to engage the Muse in any direction she pulls me.

4 comments:

SARAH said...

Beeeeautiful! Very nice, Jessica, I love it!

Katrinshine said...

Beautiful!! You are very talented!

Anonymous said...

Lovely layers of colors. Brings to mind a field of wild flowers.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much friends! :) Chewy, I was definitely inspired by that idea when I made it!