Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Art of Cooking 2 - Fruit and Cheese Salad


This installment of the Art of Cooking is a simple and DELICIOUS salad I'm calling the Fruit and Cheese Salad. We've been trying to have as much salad as possible with our meals, and the standard veggie salad with Italian dressing was getting a bit old, so I mixed it up a bit tonight.

What's In There?
Mixed greens
Yellow tomatoes (fresh and local!)
Red onion
Peeled and diced orange
Halved red grapes
Walnuts
Crumbled goat cheese
Strawberry slices
Served with a raspberry poppy seed vinaigrette.


I think apples, pears and grapefruit would be good substitutes and/or additions to this salad.
Check out my first installment of the Art of Cooking HERE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy and colorful, just like your paintings! It's interesting how fruit and cheese make such a satisfying salad. You wouldn't think it could be a meal in itself, but it can! I love things like this.