Saturday, March 03, 2007

New Paintings

The Egg
Acrylic on 8" x 8" box canvas, 2007



Hover
Acrylic on 6" x 6" box canvas, 2007

Both paintings are available at www.livefunky.etsy.com

I started painting yesterday after a few days break. Once again, the first few hours were "off". Paint, scrape, paint over, get caught up in details, paint over, and round and round it goes until something clicks and I've caught it. Once that happens I'd be a fool to do anything but follow it. I can clean the house tomorrow, right?

These two are the most recent. The others have more of a reduced landscape/Rothko vibe. I'll do a new post for those now.

2 comments:

Paula Manning-Lewis said...

I love all the new ones! Your landscapes are so lovely and dreamy.
Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

the Egg is my new new new favorite.
-emily