Thursday, March 27, 2008

More original art

Windows and Doors
Acrylic on 8 x 10 canvas panel, 2008



The Quilts of My Youth
Mixed media on 5 x 7 canvas panel, 2008




I can't express how happy I am to be painting again. It's been since before I left for Florida when I was working on the big commission - that was the last time I held a brush in my hand. In this past month or so I've focused more on digital illustrations and product development as well as designing my website (which still isn't exactly what I want, but it will do for now). That's all fine, and I guess for whatever reason I needed this time away (otherwise I would have been painting!) but the point is I feel REALLY good right NOW.

I am exploring these compositions with bold black lines - something I've been working with for years - instead of my more recent "boxy" paintings or drip paintings. Each style is "me", just in a slightly different voice or approach.

So anyway, Thank you to the gods of paint for removing this painter's block and freeing my hand and heart to do what I love to do most!

ALL AVAILABLE ART CAN BE FOUND AT http://www.livefunky.etsy.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post Jess! I'm sooo glad that your back to painting! I know how it get's when you get a block. I have been like that as well sometimes. Your work is so beautiful, thank you so much for sharing it with us!
*HUGS*
Angela

Andrea and Kim said...

There is just nothing like it! Don't try to give it words...give it paint! I know I understand just how you feel, though!

I love these paintings you are showing...both are really wonderful and the titles are helping to tell a wonderful story each time!

Enjoy the Process!