Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Modern flowers






These paintings hearken back to a style I was developing in the early 2000's. They are more decorative art than fine art, but with me, that's a line I am constantly crossing to the point of obliterating it. The second two are done in the style I was working with then, the first one, the poppies, is something I'm thinking I'd like to develop further in other paintings, maybe on a larger scale or as a triptych, and use the basic premise of this painting as a launch pad for different approaches, textures, design elements, etc. I go where the muse calls me, and right now she's saying, "Yes, go to the the poppies!". I will happily oblige. :)

Each piece is untitled and acrylic on 8" x 10" canvases. You can purchase them in my shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/jessicatorrant

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! Love the first one especially...

Rachel said...

I love the first one! All three are great but the first one really catches my eye.