Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My Favorite Parts Are Remembered

My Favorite Parts Are Remembered - Acrylic on 12" x 12" canvas, 2010 http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=39430120


Since my last post, I've been working on several new paintings, rotating them around as each evolves closer to finished. This piece's title has two levels of meaning. From a painterly perspective, I have cropped around my favorite parts of the painting, blocking out the less interesting areas with bold patches of color. On a personal level, I do actually tend to block out the more sad/negative elements of my memory and only remember the good times. Unlike Joni, it's clouds' silver linings I recall although like Joni, I still really don't know clouds at all...

2 comments:

Erika Lee @ A Tiny Rocket said...

The bright colors really pop out on the painting. Can't wait to see the end result.

Unknown said...

It's actually finished Erika, though I could see how you may think it's not compared to my other recent paintings. This one has more of a raw feel to it.