Saturday, April 25, 2009

New Today

Take Me There - Acrylic on 24" x 24" canvas

This painting had so many lives... I've been working and reworking it since fall 2008. Today most everything in the original got covered over. I'm really happy with this painting. I absolutely need a new camera because my pictures aren't doing this piece justice.


Spring Field - Mixed media on 8" x 8" canvas

Driving through the countryside (to the auto shop to pick up my husband - oh the joy of cars) yesterday, I soaked in this view of a super vibrant field of green. This canvas was prepped with the fabric in a natural position for a landscape. This painting came together rather fast - sometimes it happens like that and you have to acknowledge it and slap your hand away from the brush. When it's done, it's done.

Both paintings are available for purchase at http://www.jessicatorrant.etsy.com/.

2 comments:

Sylvie Van Hulle said...

These paintings are gorgious! Your works inspire me!

Ren said...

Great sense of mood.